I noticed some errors due the interpretation of the instructions in the workflow, such as flagging of dust specs (see markings near the bottom of the red polygon). However these and other errors are easily screened for. For example, the dust spots were only intermittently marked. Screening for enough replications would allow me to discard faulty measurements. In addition, given these results and feedback I got on both the project’s forum page and as provided through my feedback form suggest that I should explicitly clarify potential confusing cases (such as dust issues).
All in all I’m quite excited about these very well constrained results. In the coming weeks I will further adjust the workflow of the project to reflect what I’ve learned form the beta trials. Again, many thanks go out to all the citizen scientists at zooniverse helping me improve the project.
JUNGLE RHYTHMS · RESEARCH · SCIENCE
citizen science jungle rhythms science